Sexual Assault & Harassment

What shall I do if I am sexually assaulted?

UCA take sexual assault and harassment very seriously. At the Students' Union, we are here to support and empower you when you have been through this. If you have been sexually assaulted or harassed, and you would like support whether that is through taking the next steps, or just general emotional support there are a few routes you can take.

  • Come to the Students' Union, or contact Our Advice and Wellbeing Coordinator will have a confidential conversation with you, provide emotional support and signpost you to the right service inside or outside the university to suit your wishes – whether that is to report it or not.
  • Use Report+Support. This is an online platform where you can anonymously report incidents of many natures including sexual harassment or assault. Here you request and access support directly from UCA. They take all incidents seriously and all reports are dealt with sensitively and professionally by their trained teams.
  • If you disclose that you have been sexually assaulted or harassed, we can refer you to UCA's sexual violence liaison officer. They will explain what your options are and support you to make informed choices; explain relevant university policies and procedures relating to sexual violence and misconduct and help coordinate any support needed.