But what do course rep do?
As elected representatives for their course, they pass on student feedback and get extra info about their course at meetings called ‘Course Boards’. From tiny problems to really big issues, if things could be improved, Course Reps can represent student views to Course Leaders: meaning students don’t just consume their university experience, they create it.
- Attend training
- Ensure everyone on the course knows who they are and what they do
- Keep in contact with the course leader
- Attend three course board meetings per year
- Offer suggestions for improvement
- Communicate outcomes back to students
Why be a course rep?
- Be a part of improving student experience for all
- Develop professional communication & personal development skills
- Achieve a certificate of recognition and attend an award ceremony
- Meet new people and make friends
- Develop stronger professional relationships with staff and academics
- Gives insight into how the university is run
- Networking opportunities
Talk to your course leader / tutor or email Kara at the SU for more info! email@example.com