Advice & Insight Assistant
£10 per hour
8 hours per week
Contract until March 2019 (with possibility of extension)
Application Deadline: 11:59pm, Monday 14 January
Interview: Week commencing 21 January
The Advice and Insight Assistant will offer administrative support to two areas of work within the membership team; advice (led by our Advice and Representation Coordinator) and ‘insight’ or student research (led by our Student Voice Coordinator). The role requires someone to work one day a week in our Rochester office.
Head of Membership Engagement
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collect survey responses and other student data, as directed by the Student Voice Coordinator
• Promote our insight work in person and through social media
• Assist the Advice and Representation Coordinator by following up on simple support requests
• Offer assistance with advice-related documentation and other administrative tasks
• Adhere to confidentiality and data protection regulations.
One set day per week, 8am-4pm, with a one hour lunch break. Start and finish times could be negotiated if the successful candidate has a conflicting schedule or preference.
• Currently studying at the University for the Creative Arts
• Be based on, or easily able to travel to, Rochester campus
• Able to appropriately respond to sensitive issues, such as mental health or discrimination
• Ideally have some experience of volunteering or working in a customer-facing role, such as retail, hospitality, or office-based
• Capable of using Microsoft Office and standard computer programs
• Comfortable working as part of a team and independently when required
We particularly encourage candidates who are BAME, LGBTQ+, International, or disabled to apply. Our core values as a Students’ Union are focused on liberation and opportunities for all – we aim to offer the most inclusive environment possible, and this includes trying to ensure our staff team reflects the experiences of our students. If you have any questions about accommodations you may need, or want to have a chat to find out more about the values and attitudes of our team, feel free to contact Sophie Jackson on 01227 81 7412 or [email protected]
To apply, send a cover letter (written, video or audio) to Sophie Jackson at [email protected]
Email [email protected]