More Student Opportunities in the Local Community
Valid from: 07 April 2016
Reviewal date: 07 April 2019
This Union Notes:
- That currently there are few links with the local community, authorities, and organizations to provide opportunities for students.
- There are visionary statements in place that require the ‘support [of] creative student opportunities’.
This Union Believes:
- That the University and its students should be part of the local and wider community.
- That students can gain valuable transferrable skills and experience by volunteering in a safe environment.
- That the communication of volunteering opportunities are not always effective and visible.
- That more work with the local community, authorities, and organizations should take place to offer a wider range of opportunities for their students.
This Union Resolves:
- Work should be done with the local community to source volunteering opportunities that aim to improve employability skills in a safe environment.
- That the Executive Committee shall work with UCA Courses/ Schools to explore course related volunteering support and opportunities with the University.
- To work with local authorities to build its reputation within the local community.