Gender Neutral Facilities
Valid from: 07 April 2016
Reviewal date: 07 April 2019
- That gender segregated facilities such as toilets, showers, and changing rooms are detrimental to the right of privacy for LGBTQ+ people.
- That the Union is an equal opportunities organisation.
- Facilities, for the purpose of this policy, shall mean toilets, showers, and changing facilities.
- That all members have the right to access facilities to participate in events/sports and attend venues.
- To seriously look into having at least one gender neutral toilet in all of its venues on all of its campuses.
- That any future developments that include current toilets or require new toilets to Union managed or owned sites must, where possible and applicable, include gender neutral facilities.
- That any existing self-contained toilets that are gender segregated be rebranded simply as “toilets” making them gender neutral.
- To lobby the University to follow the Unions lead in implementing Union this policy across University managed sites.