We are currently not accepting any new society/club submissions as we review the affiliation process and prepare for the next academic year. Notifications will go out on our social media when affiliation goes online once again.
If you’re looking to join an existing club or society, we have many available across our campuses. Please see the list below to see what is available on your campus.
STARTING OR CONTINUING A CLUB OR SOCIETY
Below are the steps you need to follow if you are interested in starting a new club or society.
Please check the list of clubs or societies on your campus to ensure the one you want to start does not already exist, or is very similar to an existing one. Duplicate groups will not be able to be approved.
- To ensure that there is no crossover of activity or if you have any questions about starting up please contact the Clubs and Societies Coordinator at email@example.com or 01372202445.
- Fill in and submit the ‘Start a New Club or Society’ Form online. You will need to include a description of your group and aims you wish to achieve. Please include as much detail as you can, as this will impact on whether your proposed club or society gets approved. A club or society is run by a committee of three student leaders in the positions of President, Communications Officer and Welfare Officer who oversee all of the activities and planning. You will need to state who will be taking up these roles so we know who to contact.
- The Coordinator will get back to you with an answer to your affiliation request within 10 working days.
- If your application is successful, the Coordinator will get in contact with you to arrange a meeting where you will go through all the information about the next steps in starting your club/society such as facilities, memberships, session planning etc.
- Should your application be declined, the Coordinator will contact you to explain why this has been the case and work with you to resolve the situation.