You can set up a new project at any time of the year. Follow these simple steps to start your volunteering project:
- Find out if similar local charities and student-led projects exist. This will help you figure out what’s unique about your idea.
- Talk to the people you’re looking to support and find out what they might need from your project.
- Submit the application form below.
- Write up a strategic plan to develop your goals, activities, resources, and impact & risk plans.
- We’ll contact you to arrange a meeting to discuss your idea in more detail.
- Once your project is approved by the Membership Team, you will need to attend training.
- Read the Code of Conduct to help you understand what is expected when running a student group.
UCA SU can help you lift your project off the ground with:
- Promotion and visibility
- Regular advice and training
- An official bank account (helpful for securing donors)
- An official UCA SU webpage
- Useful contacts at University and in the local community
- Risk management
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please drop us a line at email@example.com