These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are in addition to, and should be read together with any specific entry instructions or terms applying to the specific competition (“Competition Information”), and in the event of inconsistency these Terms shall prevail. To enter a competition all entrants must comply with the entry requirements set out in the Competition Information and these Terms. The entrant acknowledges that failure to comply with the Competition Information or these Terms may result in disqualification from the competition. By entering a competition each entrant agrees that they and their parent / guardian have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Competition Information and these Terms. University for the Creative Arts Students’ Union (UCASU) reserves the right to amend and update these Terms at their sole discretion and such changes will become effective as soon as they are published on the relevant site/publication. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The Promoter:UNIVERSITY FOR THE CREATIVE ARTS STUDENTS' UNION (UCASU), Falkner Road, Farnham, GU9 7DS (registered charity in England and Wales, registered charity number 1165619)
2. The Supplier: The supplier of the prizes is Love2Shop, prizes as part of this promotion will be in form of digital gift cards. This promotion is not a partnership between UNIVERSITY FOR THE CREATIVE ARTS STUDENTS' UNION (UCASU) and Love2Shop.
3. Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to University for the Creative Art students enrolled on a course during the promotional period from Monday 2nd May to Friday 20th May 2022, aged 16 years or over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian over 18 to enter the competition. University for the Creative Arts Students’ Union (UCASU) reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or to choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
4. Promotional Period: The promotional period runs from Tuesday 3rd May until Friday 20th May. There are multiple prize promotions during this period of time, view the table below for the individual promotion start and closing dates. Promotion Number of Prize Winners Promotion Entry Requirements Opening Date Closing Date Prize Draw 1 20 Survey response to be submitted within the opening and closing period. Tuesday 3rd May at 00.00AM Tuesday 3rd May at 11.59PM Prize Draw 2 20 Survey response to be submitted within the opening and closing period. Thursday 12th May at 00.00AM Thursday 12th May at 11.59PM Prize Draw 3 10 Survey response to be submitted within the opening and closing period. Tuesday 17th May at 00.00AM Tuesday 17th May at 11.59PM Prize Draw 4 10 Survey response to be submitted within the opening and closing period. Thursday19th May at 00.00AM Thursday 19th May at 11.59PM Prize Draw 5 1 Survey response to be submitted within the opening and closing period. Monday 2nd May at 00.00AM Friday 20th May at 11.59PM Prize Draw 6 1 Survey response to be submitted within the opening and closing period. Monday 2nd May at 00.00AM Friday 20th May at 11.59PM
5. Entry Instructions: Please see the individual prize promotions detailed in the table for entry details. Promotion Promotion Entry Instructions Prize Draw 1 Survey response submitted (via online or paper submission) to the Student Voice Survey within the promotional period. Prize Draw 2 Survey response submitted (via online or paper submission) to the Student Voice Survey within the promotional period. Prize Draw 3 Survey response submitted (via online or paper submission) to the Student Voice Survey within the promotional period. Prize Draw 4 Survey response submitted (via online or paper submission) to the Student Voice Survey within the promotional period. Prize Draw 5 Survey response submitted (via online or paper submission) to the Student Voice Survey within the promotional period. Prize Draw 6 Survey response submitted (via online or paper submission) to the Student Voice Survey within the promotional period.
6. Only one entry can be made per person throughout the promotional period. All additional entries will be disqualified, resulting in removal from all promotional prize draws and eligibility for prize entitlement.
7. Any entries that the Promoter consider to be incomplete will be disqualified.
8. No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple student numbers, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
9. Prize Fund: Please see each individual promotion for its prize pool in the table below. Promotion Prize Pool Number of Prize Winners Total Prize Fund Prize Draw 1 £5 Love2Shop Voucher 20 £100 Prize Draw 2 £5 Love2Shop Voucher 20 £100 Prize Draw 3 £5 Love2Shop Voucher 10 £50 Prize Draw 4 £5 Love2Shop Voucher 10 £50 Prize Draw 5 £25 Love2Shop Voucher 1 £25 Prize Draw 6 £50 Love2Shop Voucher 1 £50 In the event any Prizes are rejected, undelivered or unclaimed, the Promoter reserves the right to return the Prize into the Promotion Prize pool if it is forfeited during the Promotional Period. Any remaining prizes will be distributed as part of a prize draw at the end of the promotional period. As this depends wholly on the number of entries during each individual promotional period, the total number of Prizes that may be awarded by this route is unknown.
10. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner(s) will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries in line with individual promotions and promotional periods.
11. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email using the student number submitted at point of survey submission and associated promotion entry within 14 days of the promotion closing date.
12. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
13. General: Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. Prizes must be accepted as promoted as part of the promotion by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
17. The name of the winners can be obtained by sending an email, 28 days after the prize draw promotion closing date(s) as stipulated in clause ‘4. Promotional Period’, to email@example.com.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
19. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor Supplier accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter and Supplier further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter and Supplier’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
20. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
21. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter, the Supplier or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
23. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid participant disappointment.
25. The decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
27. Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter and/or the Supplier. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners’ list.