Below are the steps you need to follow if you are interested in starting a new Sports Club or Society.
Please check the list of clubs or societies on your campus to ensure the one you want to start does not already exist, or is very similar to an existing one. Duplicate groups will not be able to be approved.
- To ensure that there is no crossover of activity or if you have any questions about starting up please contact the Activities Manager at email@example.com or 01372202445.
- Fill in and submit the ‘Affiliate a Farnham Club/Society’ Form online. You will need to include a description of your group and aims you wish to achieve. Please include as much detail as you can, as this will impact on whether your proposed club or society gets approved. A club or society is run by a committee of three student leaders in the positions of Group President, Membership President and Experience President who oversee all of the activities and planning. You will need to state who will be taking up these roles so we know who to contact.
- The Activities Manager will get back to you with an answer to your affiliation request within 10 working days.
- If your application is successful, the Activities Manager will get in contact with you to arrange a meeting where you will go through all the information about the next steps in starting your club/society such as facilities, memberships, session planning etc.
- Should your application be declined, the Activities Manager will contact you to explain why this has been the case and work with you to resolve the situation.
The three main committee roles are:
The GROUP PRESIDENT shall be responsible for general day-to-day running of the club/society and shall be entitled to represent the club/society at all times in matters affecting its interests. This includes scheduling regular meetings of the committee and the group, communicating with relevant companies and the Students’ Union. They shall look after the financial structures, risk assessments and planning of the group and chair the AGM and Committee Elections.
The MEMBERSHIP PRESIDENT shall be responsible for the marketing, recruitment, promotion and organisation of the membership. They will be responsible for maintaining the group’s social media and making sure it is up to date, robust and affective. They are also in charge of increasing and managing the group’s members and that all the membership and committee are following the constitution and bylaws.
The EXPERIENCE PRESIDENT shall be responsible for the event organisation, socials, campaigns, fundraising initiatives, welfare and inclusivity of the group. They will take a lead on talking to relevant companies, stakeholders and the Students’ Union. They will ensure that the club/society is being as inclusive as it can within the parameters of their activity and ensure student safety is a priority. They signpost to relevant services and ensure the group is being a positive influence on campus and the membership.