Introduce regulations to derecognise inactive council officers
Proposer: Amalie Rosendahl Seconder: Peter Hopton
- Council members ran for their position as they have an interest in improving that area.
- That council members are voted into post by the majority of the student body.
- That some council members do not make an effort to show for meetings or even to denote absence.
- That inactive council members should receive warnings in the form of a call and an email when not denoting absence for a meeting.
- That there is no point in keeping inactive council members as they serve no purpose and take up time and space in the minutes and cause frustration amongst active members.
- There should be an email by the SU office to the council member each time a meeting was missed and no apologies received.
- After the third occasion a formal email should be sent by the SU Campus Officer explaining the situation and consequences.
- If there is no improvement the council member can be derecognised by the Student Council voting with ‘no confidence’.