Gender Neutral Facilities
Proposer: Lee-Anne Lawrance (Environmental Officer)
Seconder: Annie Durwood (Women’s Officer)
- That gender segregated facilities such as toilets, showers and changing rooms are detrimental to the right of privacy for LGBT+ people.
- That the Union is an equal opportunities organisation.
- Facilities, for the purpose of this policy, shall mean toilets, showering and changing facilities.
- That all members have the right to access facilities in order to participate in events/sports and attend venues.
- That the Union should seriously look into having at least one gender neutral toilet in all of its venues on all of its campuses.
- That any future developments that include current toilets or require new toilets to Union managed or owned sites must where possible and applicable include gender neutral facilities.
- That any existing self-contained toilets which are gender segregated be rebranded simply as “toilets” making them gender neutral.
- That the Union should lobby the University to follow the Unions lead in implementing Union Resolves 1, 2 and 3 across university managed sites.