Salary band: £8.67 per hour
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week.
Contract: 29 August – 16 September 2017
Location: Your base campus
Application process is through the application form found at the bottom of this page. Should you wish to discuss the role prior to application please contact Emma Chandler on 01372 202 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accountable to: Head of Business Development and/or Head of Membership Engagement
Responsible for: None
We are seeking to appoint Freshers Crew to assist in the smooth arrival of new students and increase the positive experiences in the first 2 weeks.
- Supporting new students to have a positive experience when they first arrive.
- Encouraging new and returning students to engage fully in the Freshers program of events.
- To act as the first point of contact for new students and their families.
- To welcome attendees in a warm and encouraging manner.
- To always act as an ambassador of both UCASU and the University, creating positive examples to new students and their families.
- To answer any questions as best you can, whether it be about courses, resources, events or support. When the answer is unknown, signpost to the appropriate place – eg library, SU Office, accommodation office, registry.
- Maintain and promote equality and diversity and be enthusiastic, inclusive and friendly.
- Undertake any activities in the boundaries of health & safety.
- Assist with supporting the Freshers program and promotion of the Union’s activities.
- Any other activities that commensurate to the purpose of the position.