STUDENT PANEL MEMBER
Sometimes students are needed to represent the wider student body at meetings with the University. It’s a great opportunity to get involved with developments at UCA and to get student voices heard – plus it’s paid!!
Below are more details and the form to fill in to apply for this role. We need student panel members on each campus for this year, and future years.
The University invites students to be part of their Periodic Review process, the annual process of reviewing the running of courses at UCA, to ensure student input into the development of courses. Students are invited to attend Periodic Review panel meetings to represent the student body alongside academics, external representatives and senior management staff.
The Student Panel Member role is good for students who wish to get an insight into how UCA works and who want to make a difference, contributing to the development of courses at the University. If your application is successful, full training will be given for the role.
Periodic Review Panels
Each course at UCA is reviewed at least every five years to remain in validation and to ensure that the course provides a good student learning experience. The review gives the opportunity for course teams to make changes to keep the course current and to respond to feedback from students and external examiners on how the course should be developed.
Student panel members will be expected to:
- attend training events
- attend day-long review panels at either of the four UCA campuses
- review course documents in advance of panel meetings
- provide written feedback on your review of the course documents within a specified period of time
- contribute to discussions during the panel meeting on student related issues
- ask questions to course teams and students as directed by the panel Chair
- contribute to discussions with other panel members
- review a report of the panel meeting after the event and suggest amendments if necessary
- Confidence with speaking in front of people
- Good listening skills
- Good observation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to respond in a timely manner to emails and other correspondence
Payment is £100* for a full day meeting (approx. 10am – 4pm)
*please note that tax may be deducted
Please complete this online form below for Academic year 2017/18.