It is with great sadness that I write to inform you of the death of former UCA Epsom student Dario Olivo who was enrolled on the Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design.
Dario showed promise as an artist and we are deeply saddened that his ongoing health issues meant he was only a student with us for a short time.
We are keen to ensure that you receive any support you may need as you process this sad news. Should you wish to speak to someone, Library & Student Services will have people available for you to talk to. There will be drop-in appointments available with:
- the Student Counselor today (Thurs 23rd) & Friday between 3.30pm – 4.00pm and Monday – Wednesday between 1.30pm – 2.00pm
- the Specialist Advisor, Nyawira between 12.30pm – 3.00pm
Drop-in appointments are available on a first come first served basis, so if you would like to book an appointment with either the Specialist Advisor or the Counsellor please contact the Gateway Desk on 01372 202461 or Counselling Services directly on 01372 202440 or via .
For additional support during the evenings and over the weekend there are two confidential listening services available for students to use:
- London Nightline is a confidential listening, support and information service that is run for students by students and operates between 6pm and 8am every night of term, including weekends. Nightline helpline can be reached by phone: 020 7631 0101 (free calls on Skype) or by email: or through instant messaging via the website at .
- Samaritans is 24/7 confidential listening service and can be reached either by phone 08457 90 90 90 (UK) or email
- CRUSE is a national bereavement helpline offering emotional support to anyone affected by a bereavement. The telephone helpline is open Monday-Friday 9.30-5pm (excluding bank holidays), with extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, when we’re open until 8pm.