Hold on to your pants. This stuff is exciting.
The terms â€˜UCASUâ€™, â€˜usâ€™ or â€˜weâ€™ refers to University of Creative Arts Studentsâ€™ Union who own this website.
Registered office isÂ Studentsâ€™ Union, Farnham Campus, Falkner Road, Farnham. Surrey, GU9 7DS
The term â€˜youâ€™ refers to the user or viewer of this website.
â€œThe Unionâ€ is University for the Creative Arts Studentsâ€™ Union.
You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than to review event and promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets, membership or merchandise for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorised by UCASU to do so. You also agree not to deep-link to the site for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by The Student Media Group to do so. The content and software on this Site is the property of UCASU. We may post legal notices and credits on pages of the Site, which may not be removed. Please do not remove these notices or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
UCASU does not promise that the Site will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the Site or any Content, search or link on it. The Site and its Content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. UCASU cannot ensure that files you download from the Site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. UCASU disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including also any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. UCASU will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Site, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
UCASU makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of this Site or use of any services associated with the Site.
UCASU disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, UCASU users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the Site, in connection with any services provided or otherwise related to your use of the Site and/or the associated services. UCASU is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter, Club Captain or Society President, Administrator, or other third party in connection with or referenced on the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the Site to UCASU at email@example.com. UCASU may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
This website and its content is copyright of UCASU – Â© UCASU 2010-2014. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We will terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so. In particular, users who submit Content to this Site, whether articles, images, stories, software or other copyrightable material must ensure that the Content they upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or public rights). After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to us, and confirmation through court order or admission by the user that they have used this Site as an instrument of unlawful infringement, we will terminate the infringing usersâ€™ rights to use and/or access this Site. We may, also in our sole discretion, decide to terminate a userâ€™s rights to use or access the Site prior to that time if we believe that the alleged infringement has occurred.
LINKS AND SEARCH RESULTS
The Site may automatically produce search results that reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. UCASU has no control over these sites or the content within them. UCASU cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. UCASU does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against UCASU for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site.
If you have a problem with a link from the Site, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your claim and take any actions we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content which is illegal or prohibited on the Site. It includes Content that:
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; could be harmful to minors;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another personâ€™s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someoneâ€™s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
Although UCASU cannot monitor the conduct of its Users off the Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from this Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent.
NO COMMERCIAL USE
No area of this Site may be used by our visitors for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of tickets, memberships, merchandise or services of any kind.
You must obtain UCASUâ€™s prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication.
Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use this Site to resell or link to other sites for the purpose of selling tickets or merchandise of any kind. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who breaches this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site and barring anyone breaching this provision from use of the Site. We reserve the right to block access to this Site or to UCASUâ€™s other services, or to cancel a ticket order or membership with respect to any person who is known or reasonably believed to be: a) acting unlawfully, or breaching these Terms, or infringing UCASUâ€™s rights, or utilising automated means to process or place ticket orders, or whose ticket order exceeds the stated limit; or b) associated with any person who is known or reasonably believed to be acting unlawfully, or breaching these Terms, or infringing The UCASUâ€™s rights, or utilising automated means to process or place ticket orders, or whose ticket order exceeds the stated limit. Exceeding any limitations or breaching any terms on the Site will be deemed to be a breach of these Terms.