Volunteering with vInspired
We’ve teamed up with vInspired, the UK’s leading volunteering charity for 14 – 25 year olds. You can search for opportunities, add your own, and join ones through the SU.
Record every hour you spend volunteering and work towards a nationally recognised certificate. WOO!
Note: if you’re older than 25, you can alter your date of birth when you sign up!
(Check out vInspired’s website here)
SO, WHAT DO I DO?
EVERYONE can join vInspired. Make a profile, join opportunities then apply for your certificates. Follow the steps below.
How to sign up to vInspired – Student guidance
If you haven’t yet signed up to vInspired:
1. Go to https://vinspired.com/schools/ucasu
2. Click ‘Sign up via this school’ and fill in your details to create your profile.
3. You can now access opportunities from UCA Students’ Union! Search them by selecting ‘Your school’ from the drop down menu at the top of the page or by going to ‘Volunteer’ in the top menu and clicking ‘School Opportunities’.
4. You can search the whole site for any opportunities that interest you by clicking ‘Volunteer’ in the menu at the top of the page and using the search engine function. Try searching by interests, area or key words.
5. You can add details of volunteering you do already do or that isn’t listed by clicking the blue ‘Record’ button. You must describe what you do, and add a referee.
Already registered with vInspired?
If you already have a vInspired account but cannot see out UCASU opportunities or link in the menu when you log in:
1. Log in to your existing vInspired account at www.vinspired.com.
2. Now you are logged in, go to this address – https://vinspired.com/schools/ucasu
3. Click the blue ‘Join this school’ button.
4. You can now access opportunities from UCA Students’ Union. Search them by selecting ’Your school’ from the drop down menu at the top of the page or by going to ‘Volunteer’ in the top menu and clicking ‘School Opportunities’
If you have forgotten your password, you can use the ‘Forgotten password’ option to reset it.