A COURSE REPRESENTATIVE…
… is an essential link between students, their course and the UCA institution.
… represents the collective voice of the students on their course and drives improvements to their learning environment.
… works with UCA staff to resolve issues students may be having on their course.
… actively encourage positive aspects of their course to be maintained and developed.
… communicates changes and improvements to their peers.
WHAT WOULD I DO?
- Publicise yourself to your peers and actively encourage them to talk to you.
- Build your skills through training offered by the Students’ Union.
- Attend Course boards with your Course leader.
- Gather feedback from your peers and identify possible solutions to any issue.
- Feedback all outcomes and changes to students.
WHY BE A COURSE REPRESENTATIVE?
- Add a wide variety of new skills to your portfolio.
- Work towards a recognition award from the University.
- Access to a full skills based training programme.
- Meet new people and make friends.
- Be the change that improves student experience for all.
- Develop stronger professional relationships with staff and academics.