More Student Opportunities in the Local Community
Proposer: Dodi Kazma, Epsom Campus Officer Seconder: The Executive Committee
This Union Notes:
1. That the Union currently has few links with the local community, authorities and organizations to provide opportunities for students.
2. That the Union has a visionary statement that requires us to “support creative student opportunities”.
This Union Believes:
1. That the University and its students should be part of the local and wider community.
2. That students can gain valuable transferrable skills and experience by volunteering in a safe environment.
3. That the communication of volunteering opportunities are not always effective and visible.
4. The union should be working more with the local community, authorities and organizations, to be able to offer a wider range of opportunities for their students.
This Union Resolves:
1. That the Students’ Union should work with the local community to source volunteering opportunities that aim to improve employability skills in a safe environment.
2. For the Executive Committee to work with UCA Courses/ Schools to explore course related volunteering support and opportunities with the University.
3. To work with local authorities to build its reputation within the local community.